May 29, 2020
May 29, 2020
Dear FCI Members,
Farm Credit Illinois lobbies reopen June 1. In accordance with Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois plan, guests are asked to wear face masks when inside offices. On-farm visits by FCI staff are also available by member request. Social distancing and CDC guidelines will be followed at offices and on farms.
Even as offices are open and partially staffed, members can continue communicating with local offices via phone or email. Secure electronic document transfer is available through the myFCI online portal.
Providing reliable access to credit and financial services remains our top priority. Open lines of communication are especially important during turbulent times. If you or your farm business experience financial disruption, contact your relationship manager or local office. We are prepared to help you explore potential options and solutions to address unexpected issues.
Financial relief resources from the U.S. government are available to qualified farmers during these challenging times. Find out more about the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL) and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) here.
In a time of continually changing information and recommendations, thank you for your understanding and patience as we attempt to keep our community and employees safe. The Association is following guidance on COVID-19 (coronavirus) from the State of Illinois and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
FCI’s Phase 3 Business Plan includes:
- opening office locations to members and visitors, following social distancing and CDC guidelines.
- making on-farm visits when requested by members.
- expanding staff working at the office while remaining staff continue working-from-home and available via email and phone.
- enhancing cleaning practices in shared spaces.
- supporting member-families and employees at-risk or with special needs.
- monitoring the financial markets and discussing options for members to meet their changing financial needs.
- permitting essential business-related gatherings of 10 or fewer people; continuing to use tele-conferencing for other internal communications.
- canceling all other internal and external meetings until at least August 1.
- meetings and gatherings of 50 or fewer people will be allowed once the region enters Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan.
- enhancing our risk monitoring and management protocols.
Take Care of Business from Home
Members are welcome to conduct business online through the myFCI member portal, where they can:
- safely exchange information.
- view accounts, statements, and tax documents.
- make payments and transfer money through online banking.
Sign up for the FCI Text Club for Association updates. We will continue monitoring the situation closely and follow the latest recommendations by local and state governments and the CDC.
Aaron S. Johnson
President & CEO