Financial Relief Resources

Financial resources from the U.S. government 

available to qualifying farmers during these challenging times.

 

Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL)

The Small Business Administration (SBA) is now accepting applications from agricultural businesses for the EIDL.

  • Eligibility for EIDL was expanded as part of the federal CARES Act, which provides relief for American workers and small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
  •  Small businesses of less than 500 employees can apply for a loan of up to $2 million under the EIDL program.
  • A key benefit is the potential for an applicant to receive $1,000 per employee, for a maximum of $10,000, just days after a successful application has been submitted. This advance doesn't have to be repaid, even if the applicant is ultimately denied the loan or decides to withdraw their application.

Unlike applying for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which requires applicants to work with their lender, farmers must directly apply for an EIDL through SBA. More information can be found on the SBA website. You can also contact the SBA Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955.

 Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)

FCI is an approved SBA lender for the Paycheck Protection Program and is currently accepting loan applications.

  • The PPP is a forgivable loan program created to assist small businesses in meeting payroll and other critical expense needs. 
  •  Loans are subject to SBA’s availability of funds allocated to the program. Contact your loan officer for additional information or to begin the loan application process

PPP Loan Forgiveness

  • Current legislation updating the original rules governing loan forgiveness may be found here
  • Major updates from the new legislation include:
  1. Extension of the covered period during which a loan recipient may use PPP funds for certain expenses while remaining eligible for forgiveness. Covered period extends from 8 weeks to 24 weeks.
  2. Increase in the non-payroll portion of a forgivable covered loan amount from 25% to 40% (the other 60% must be used for payroll).
  3. Extension of the minimum maturity from 2 to 5 years.
  4. Extension of the payment deferral period from 6 months to whenever some level of loan forgiveness is granted or 10 months from program expiration if no application for loan forgiveness is made.

We will provide notification once we begin accepting loan forgiveness applications.

PPP - Loan Forgiveness Application

 

 

Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) 

Available through the FSA, CFAP is available to members seeking financial relief from the impact of coronavirus market disruptions. Find program details and requirements, forms, and application here.

Providing reliable access to credit and financial services remains our top priority. Open lines of communication are especially important during turbulent times.

If you or your farm business experience financial disruption due to COVID-19, contact your loan officer or local office. We are prepared to help you explore potential options and solutions to address unexpected issues.

Get ahead and kickstart your career at FCI.

View Job List